I’ve used the following YouTube video tutorial as a basis for developing a simple Visual Basic keyboard in Visual Studio 2008:
A more advanced VB keyboard tutorial is at http://www.cespage.com/vb/vb08tut21.html, which I may draw inpsiration from later.
I developed a simple Visual Basic web browser (in Visual Studio 2008) using the tutorial at http://www.vbtutor.net/vb2008/vb2008_lesson19.html as a basis.
The following information will be accessed from the kiosk when finished, and can currently be accessed online:
Various e-newletters will also be able to be subscribed to, currently available at http://www.subscriptions.napier.govt.nz/
I am developing an application to run on a prototype touchscreen kiosk. The application is being developed for the Napier City Council, and the kiosk will be placed in the Napier City Library – further kiosks are expected to be developed for other locations if this kiosk is successful.
The application I am developing for the kiosk includes:
- A Visual Basic browser with limited navigation
- A Visual Basic virtual keyboard with limited functionality
- A PHP web application for displaying property and cemetary records held in various Napier City Council databases
- A JQuery sliding menu for the main navigation
- A splashscreen, which maybe Flash based
I will be using the post function of this blog to document source information used in my final project of my Bachelor of Computing Systems degree. This will include:
- Coding for my Visual Basic, PHP, MySQL components
- Techniques used during the development of the project
I will be using the pages (linked to in the top menu) for documenting sponsor and supervisor communication and project development work.